Thursday, May 20, 2010

Life Is Better When Set To Music

When I think back on memories either of childhood or high school or now even of my own children, it is usually when I am driving somewhere and listening to the radio.  A familiar song comes on and then the memory comes back. 

Every time I hear the Bellamy Brothers' song, Redneck Girl, I think about my Daddy.  I think back to all those trips we took out to the farm in that old, LOUD, truck of his with Spuds and Sunshine (my dogs) hanging out the window.

When I hear, Bon Jovi, I think of my brother Vincent and how we fought over the cassette tape! LOL (I know, I just aged myself with that comment)

When I hear any song off the Jagged Little Pill album by Alanis Morissette I think of the first boy I ever loved. That is a whole other blog...

Tennessee Ernie Ford's 16 tons was playing on the record player at my Grannie's house when she would clean.  Oh how I miss her! But, at least I have all my wonderful memories with and of her.

I remembered thinking Bowdy was going to be a good guy when I got in his truck and he had the same Matchbox 20 CD playing I had in my car.  Now, ten years later, he took me to see Rob Thomas in concert :)

I have all these memories tucked away like small clips of a movie that playback every now and then.  I wish everyday life was like the movies in that since.  Wouldn't that be fun?! Let me set this up: A couple football seasons ago, the Vandal football team won the game at home with a field goal in the last seconds.  How awesome would it have been for the song "We Are The Champions" to start playing as the crowd jumped to their feet with screams and tears of joy!

Or what about when you get a great idea, or something just hits you...wouldn't it be fabulous to have a church choir sing "AAAHHH HAA AAaaaaa"!

So what better way to end this blog than with a song from the movie "Three Men and A Baby"...
Goodnight sweetheart, well it's time to go, (bo-bo-bo-bo)
Goodnight sweetheart, well it's time to go, I hate to leave you but I really must say, oh- oh-oh,
Goodnight sweetheart, goodnight...

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Your first blog...I've been waiting and waiting and waiting! It was worth the wait. Well done!

    ReplyDelete